Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am curious to know peoples thoughts on the on-board 22kw charger as in the UK our home chargers are 7kw yet the information against the 22kw on-board option recommends max of 6kw for single phase, can anyone elaborate on if this is worthy of having?

Cheers

·
Registered
Taycan RWD 2021
6 Posts
I was recommended by the dealer to take that option , but -with home charger 11kw here in Luxembourg- have not seen the use of it.
Maybe quite relevant though to reduce charging time if you use public chargers which -as here in Lux- often are 22kw?

·
Registered
161 Posts
So far, at home I still charge @ 11KWhs and that's fine.
But there are increasingly AC options at 22KWhs and obviously then its a difference b/ you don't want to spend so much time charging.

Also, in many offices here you can charge 22KWh for free and half the time make quite a difference then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I advice people to always equipt the 22kW charger, because these will become increasingly common in the future, especially in cities. If you can make a quick shop in the city and charge your Taycan twice as fast than 11kWh, then I think it is without a question more convenient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts