Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran across this today. Looks to be a helpful software update, especially for older model years. I do not know yet if this update has been released to dealers in the US.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
84 Posts
I just ran across this today. Looks to be a helpful software update, especially for older model years. I do not know yet if this update has been released to dealers in the US.

This is really exciting news! I look forward to having this software update installed asap. I'm hoping the new PCM system will be significantly better than what I have on my model year 2020 Taycan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's said to change everything to the better. Very excited!
I'll receive it in 2 1/2 weeks…
I was able to secure a service appointment to have the software update done on my 2020 Taycan - - Friday August 19. Given the current shortage of Taycan-certified technicians, I think I’m a bit lucky to be able to have it done within 3 weeks time. 😊

I’ve read the software might improve range by as much as 31 miles with the big battery and, if true,
That would be a 10% increase in my real world range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Car Vehicle Light Automotive mirror Plant

My Taycan was loaded with newest PCM 6.0 at the dealer on 07/26/2022 so I made a video selecting every button and menu to show the viewer the difference(? If there’s any) from your PCM. Video might be little boring because I’m just clicking though the menu….so fast forward to the section you want to check. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
View attachment 3903

My Taycan was loaded with newest PCM 6.0 at the dealer on 07/26/2022 so I made a video selecting every button and menu to show the viewer the difference(? If there’s any) from your PCM. Video might be little boring because I’m just clicking though the menu….so fast forward to the section you want to check. Thanks.

Thank you very much for taking the time to record this video and post it. I'm looking forward to having this software update installed on my 2020 Taycan. I'll be having the software update done during the same service visit I've scheduled to have the recent safety recall (for the under front seat wiring harnesses) performed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts