Taycan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just asked my dealer if my Taycan CT 4S scheduled for delivery on November 22 would be a 2021 or a 2022. He claims it will be a 2022. What have others with deliveries around that time heard or know?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 4s being delivered in November and it is confirmed a 22. I asked my dealer for a screenshot of the commission number and page in their system and it says MY22. You should ask them for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Porsche and they confirmed my Taycan CT 4S will be a 2022. Dealer here in Santa Barbara just received their first CT and I am going to stop by for a look. I am now 78 days out. Interesting to read all the articles about the Taycan demand. Glad I got my order in because these are the conditions when Porsche could easily raise prices.

It will be very interesting to see how the depreciation hits the Taycan. I choose the Taycan over the Etron GT almost entirely over the expectation that the depreciation will by much less. Given the demand supply imbalance I expect to be right.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I called Porsche and they confirmed my Taycan CT 4S will be a 2022. Dealer here in Santa Barbara just received their first CT and I am going to stop by for a look. I am now 78 days out. Interesting to read all the articles about the Taycan demand. Glad I got my order in because these are the conditions when Porsche could easily raise prices.

It will be very interesting to see how the depreciation hits the Taycan. I choose the Taycan over the Etron GT almost entirely over the expectation that the depreciation will by much less. Given the demand supply imbalance I expect to be right.
Good luck with your wait. Patience is not one of my virtues. All of my 8 Porsches over the past 8 years have been from dealer inventory.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good luck with your wait. Patience is not one of my virtues. All of my 8 Porsches over the past 8 years have been from dealer inventory.
From the Trackyourdream web page, mine was scheduled to start its build on 27 August, but now claims the actual start of build date was 23 August. I had some hope that they might have finished before the original estimate of 3 Sept, but that day came and went and now they are estimating completion to Check Point 8 on 10 Sept. They are still estimating delivery to the dealer on 29 Oct. Mine is supposed to be a 2021, so I am expecting that it is one of the very last of the model year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
From the Trackyourdream web page, mine was scheduled to start its build on 27 August, but now claims the actual start of build date was 23 August. I had some hope that they might have finished before the original estimate of 3 Sept, but that day came and went and now they are estimating completion to Check Point 8 on 10 Sept. They are still estimating delivery to the dealer on 29 Oct. Mine is supposed to be a 2021, so I am expecting that it is one of the very last of the model year.
They are now estimating arrival at my dealer on 5 November.

Sigh …

·
Registered
30 Posts
You should have your vehicle VIN by now ( look at track your Dream). If the 10th figure is an M, it is a 2021. A 2022 will be N.

·
Registered
149 Posts
They are now estimating arrival at my dealer on 5 November.

Sigh …
And now everything has been pushed back yet another week. So with the original estimate of 31 Oct leading me to ask “will it be trick or treat” … it has been answered. I can only wonder what component is causing the repeated delays.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My delivery date is not confirmed, but considering I ordered 5 weeks ago, it will likely be Q1 2022 for me, even my salesman said that it will likely be around 2022 Q1.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My delivery date is not confirmed, but considering I ordered 5 weeks ago, it will likely be Q1 2022 for me, even my salesman said that it will likely be around 2022 Q1.
Is the trackyourdream web site available to you in Switzerland? But yes, considering that I ordered in May, it will take a while.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What is Trackyourdream? I have never bought a Porsche before so...is it an app?
trackyourdream.porsche.com is a web page that US customers can use to track stages of the wait, production, transport and delivery of Taycans and 911s. It starts with estimates of a series of milestones, and then updates to actual dates once those milestones are reached or to other estimates when those estimates are changed. I do not know what other countries can get this info.

I got an email from Porsche a few weeks after ordering with a link to the web page, and after registering and setting a password on my.porsche.com it allows me to see those milestones and the progress towards the others. The first milestone was an estimate of when production would be scheduled.

This is how I got the information in post 7 of this thread.

I just got email from my dealer telling me that they do not have any additional info on what is causing the multiple delays for my Taycan build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
trackyourdream.porsche.com is a web page that US customers can use to track stages of the wait, production, transport and delivery of Taycans and 911s. It starts with estimates of a series of milestones, and then updates to actual dates once those milestones are reached or to other estimates when those estimates are changed. I do not know what other countries can get this info.

I got an email from Porsche a few weeks after ordering with a link to the web page, and after registering and setting a password on my.porsche.com it allows me to see those milestones and the progress towards the others. The first milestone was an estimate of when production would be scheduled.

This is how I got the information in post 7 of this thread.

I just got email from my dealer telling me that they do not have any additional info on what is causing the multiple delays for my Taycan build.
I see. It's been a few weeks now after my first payment and I haven't received any mails from Porsche. I suppose I won't for quite a while considering their production line is choked up with orders and the semiconductor shortage only makes orders take longer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I see. It's been a few weeks now after my first payment and I haven't received any mails from Porsche. I suppose I won't for quite a while considering their production line is choked up with orders and the semiconductor shortage only makes orders take longer.
I have a feeling that it is that you are in Switzerland more than their backlog, although it could also be that you do not have an actual allocated car, but only a spot in the queue for the allocation. Yeah, lines to get into the line. The demand is already double what they estimated and built the factory to accommodate. Ask your sales person if you have an actual allocation and if you get to use the trackyourdream.porsche.com web site. It may be a US only thing they are trying out.

My first email came quickly because I got the last 2021 allocation for my dealership, and the first milestone was for when they would start to estimate my date to estimate the start of production. It was over a month out to the beginning of estimating the estimate, and it took them a week just to estimate when they would make their first estimate of the start of prodution.

While ‘semiconductor shortage’ is a great shorthand for this global supply chain disruption, it is actually far deeper than just semiconductors. The real problem is that Porsche and almost every other company of any moderate size had switched from the old have stuff in inventory model to ‘just in time’ production. It works great when the world is running properly, but when the pandemic hit everybody had to guess how many workers would get sick and how much demand would drop to figure out how many workers to lay off, and the whole system broke like falling dominoes from dismal estimates and a complete miss on the return of demand. Oh well.

My wait is from ordering in May to the present estimate of delivery in November, although that includes 3 weeks to get from the factory to loaded on a ship and then another month to get to the US west coast port.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a feeling that it is that you are in Switzerland more than their backlog, although it could also be that you do not have an actual allocated car, but only a spot in the queue for the allocation. Yeah, lines to get into the line. The demand is already double what they estimated and built the factory to accommodate. Ask your sales person if you have an actual allocation and if you get to use the trackyourdream.porsche.com web site. It may be a US only thing they are trying out.

My first email came quickly because I got the last 2021 allocation for my dealership, and the first milestone was for when they would start to estimate my date to estimate the start of production. It was over a month out to the beginning of estimating the estimate, and it took them a week just to estimate when they would make their first estimate of the start of prodution.

While ‘semiconductor shortage’ is a great shorthand for this global supply chain disruption, it is actually far deeper than just semiconductors. The real problem is that Porsche and almost every other company of any moderate size had switched from the old have stuff in inventory model to ‘just in time’ production. It works great when the world is running properly, but when the pandemic hit everybody had to guess how many workers would get sick and how much demand would drop to figure out how many workers to lay off, and the whole system broke like falling dominoes from dismal estimates and a complete miss on the return of demand. Oh well.

My wait is from ordering in May to the present estimate of delivery in November, although that includes 3 weeks to get from the factory to loaded on a ship and then another month to get to the US west coast port.
I already asked my Porsche salesman a week ago if my Taycan already has a production slot. Unfortunately, it has not yet happened and he will inform me asap, if there are news on it. I fear that I might have to wait a year for my Porsche :S

Porsche, like many other manufacturers, underestimated on how many semiconductors they will need to get through this Pandemic. They estimated they will need less! I don't even know how they got to that conclusion, but I am not the expert here anyway. I found a video explaining what this is all about, probably.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts