Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Taycan had the strangest thing happen this weekend. I’m the original owner, I’ve driven it 18k miles and loved the experience with no issues until this past weekend. I was preparing to go on a longer trip (3 hrs one way) and went to the local Electrify America charge station & plugged into 350 kw charger. I charged the vehicle to 92% (approx 240 miles) with no issue. I departed the charge station and went to pick up a carry out lunch. I exited the vehicle, locked it, proceeded into the restaurant to get the food and then returned. I unlocked the vehicle and it went though the normal start procedure (as it recognized the key fob). It then displayed an “electric system error… park in a safe location”. It would not move; it would only shift into neutral. Needless to say; the vehicle had to be towed to the local Porsche dealership; where it remains. The fault cleared itself while sitting overnight at the dealership; but while doing some of their own “test driving” and diagnostics; the error returned.

Has anyone experienced this and if so; what was the culprit and resolution.

· Registered
33 Posts
Was your electrical error in red or yellow? The yellow one will go away if you lock the car and walk away. The red one, if you are lucky, will go away with a lock and walk away. Mine happened Saturday. Did the PCM reboot, locked it and kept the key far away for 15 min, hour, multiple hours, overnight. No fix. It eventually killed the 12v battery. Had to use the metal key, power the fuse box to get the key to release the frunk to jump the 12v so we could put it in neutral and tow to dealer. Dealer cannot get it to start. Have a PRMS to Germany (basically, Germany gets a ticket and then when selected, dials in and provides things to try). Jump on the other Taycan Forum and you will see some threads on it. One guy waited 3 months for a battery replacement. The fix is to replace the HV battery. Takes a day to fix, but getting the part is the delay. I only charge at home, but have done DC charging a couple of times. I do not think the DC charging is the cause.

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was your electrical error in red or yellow? The yellow one will go away if you lock the car and walk away. The red one, if you are lucky, will go away with a lock and walk away. Mine happened Saturday. Did the PCM reboot, locked it and kept the key far away for 15 min, hour, multiple hours, overnight. No fix. It eventually killed the 12v battery. Had to use the metal key, power the fuse box to get the key to release the frunk to jump the 12v so we could put it in neutral and tow to dealer. Dealer cannot get it to start. Have a PRMS to Germany (basically, Germany gets a ticket and then when selected, dials in and provides things to try). Jump on the other Taycan Forum and you will see some threads on it. One guy waited 3 months for a battery replacement. The fix is to replace the HV battery. Takes a day to fix, but getting the part is the delay. I only charge at home, but have done DC charging a couple of times. I do not think the DC charging is the cause.
Thanks for the response. My error was in red. I did lock it and walk away for about 45 min before calling tow truck. It has been at the dealership for the last 6 days with no direct mention of replacing the battery; but only diagnosing. On your recommendation; I checked the other forum and will have the “change the battery” conversation with dealership today. What were results with your vehicle?

· Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the response. My error was in red. I did lock it and walk away for about 45 min before calling tow truck. It has been at the dealership for the last 6 days with no direct mention of replacing the battery; but only diagnosing. On your recommendation; I checked the other forum and will have the “change the battery” conversation with dealership today. What were results with your vehicle?
Can you forward the url for the other Taycan forum?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts