Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, we're getting a first look at the Taycan's production interior, giving us the opportunity to see how close it comes to the concept and prototypes spotted over the past 6-12 months, also to what Porsche has been promising. Its revolutionary to me because there's a very clear trend of car makers giving vehicles developed as EV's priority with all the latest in design and technology. Porsche is no different. With taycan pre-orders going through over the last 6+ months i'm sure you guys have a lot to say about the interior/cabin so have at it...

Edit -- Apr 18, 2019: Cargo Space Analyzed

Revisiting this thread to highlight on cargo space where its given to us the most, on the Taycan Cross Turismo (or Wagon/Hatchback, if you want to call it that).

Some important points/observations to highlight on and discuss as we learn more, and ultimately get closer to seeing these in person first hand with pictures and video to follow:

• cargo space on the production model is expected to be similar to the concept
  • cargo rails and straps to secure our loads are highly likely
  • taycan cross turismo load space (concept and test mules) looks more narrow than the Panamera
  • split-folding rear seats are unconfirmed, the Panamera has it but this Cross Turismo concept features captain chairs
  • coupe-styled roof line might mean cramped head and shoulder room for rear passengers
  • the large panoramic glass roof will create a bigger sense of space
  • all the negatives I listed probably won't matter due to this being the first all-electric wagon we can get our hands on!
If you're not interested in the Cross Turismo, the Taycan sedan seems similar to a BMW 6-Series gran coupe from my observations of spy shots like the one below. No one really complains about it, much like other coupe styled 4-doors you can get your hands on these days. My guess, Porsche learned a lot from it. That being, cargo needs are few for most owners these days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the interior finish is one area (aside from handling) that Porsche will really establish itself vs the competition.
The finish in Tesla's Model S really left me disappointed for a car of that price range, whereas my current Macan GTS interior feels like it's a premium product no matter what you touch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Look forward to seeing it without all the camouflage but I like the digital display. Has there been mention of whether or not the Taycan will have different drive modes, because I don't see any switchgear on the steering wheel to toggle between them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look forward to seeing it without all the camouflage but I like the digital display. Has there been mention of whether or not the Taycan will have different drive modes, because I don't see any switchgear on the steering wheel to toggle between them.
Our guesstimates about what it could look like might come close especially with new Porsche's already taking after the Taycan concept.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That landscape display was never going to survive the transition towards a production model but that screen in the center console could. Every EV comes with an assortment of drive modes so I think that's a given for the Taycan.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some hope in it happening given where the industry is going.

As more autonomous technology comes our way people will demand more things to do while the car is driving itself.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can rest assured that Porsche will be one of the last automakers placing autonomous tech in their vehicles. Sure standard safety equipment will improve, but these are still driver focused cars.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated this thread today.

Scroll to the top for my cargo space observations of both the Taycan sedan and Taycan Cross Turismo.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Porsche released this picture of the Taycan's interior in a press release about availability of Apple Music streaming. As most of you should realize by now, the dashboard shares a lot with the new 992 911. The rest of it still influenced by the Mission E concept we all love.

Taycan Interior

992 911 Interior

Porsche Mission E Interior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts