So everyone's up to speed on what areas of their Taycan's interior to focus on first, see the following.
The interior design: Digital, simple, sustainable
The original 911's cleanly styled dashboard from 1963 was the inspiration. The stated goal was to bring it into the present day. The cockpit signals the start of a new era with its clear structure and a completely new construction.
It is clearly driver-focused. The instrument panel has a clean, minimalist and ultra-modern design, and operating the controls is quick and free from distractions. The free-standing, curved instrument cluster forms the highest point on the dashboard. It is clearly focused towards the driver and ensures that everything that is needed for driving is in view.
The innovative instrument cluster consists of a curved 16.8-inch screen with the rounded look that is typical of Porsche. A cowl has been comitted, which ensures a slim and modern appearance in the style of high-quality smartphones and tablets. Drivers can choose between four display modes for the instrument cluster:
- The mode Power meter evokes the rounded instruments typical of Porsche. This display delivers information that is clearly arranged information, allowing for fast readability. A power meter replaces the rev counter in the middle instrument.
- The Map mode replaces the central power meter with a map layout.
- The Full Map mode intentionally omits the round instruments. In favour of a navigation map displayed across the full display.
- The view “reduced” is limited to the essential driving information such as speed, road signs and navigation instructions using a minimised arrow.
There are also small, touch-control fields at the edges of the screen for operating the light and chassis functions. The instrument cluster is therefore wider than the steering wheel and reminiscent of the original 911.
The steering wheel has a light appearance and is available in two models: in addition to the basic version, which can be customised with coloured inserts as part of the accent package, Porsche also offers a GT sports steering wheel option. It has a distinctive design with visible screw heads and features a typical Porsche round mode switch which can be used to select the various driving modes.
The wing-shaped upper and lower sections of the dashboard stretch across the entire width of the car. A central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display are combined to form an integrated glass band in a black-panel look, thereby blending in visually with the interior.
All user interfaces have been completely redesigned
The number of classic hardware controls such as switches and buttons has been greatly reduced. Instead, control is intelligent and intuitive – using touch operation or the voice control function, which responds to the command “Hey Porsche”.
All vehicle configurations for the Taycan, such as Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), can easily be set up on the central screen via direct access. The driver can quickly access all apps via a clearly structured and customisable home screen. Apps include navigation, telephone, media, comfort and Porsche Connect. With optimised voice control, drivers can access the required function even faster. For the first time, front passengers in the Taycan have the option of their own touch display, allowing them to easily alter settings without distracting the driver.
The elevated centre console intensifies the feeling of a low seating position, as you would expect from a Porsche. It features a large 8.4-inch touch panel with haptic feedback. This allows the air-conditioning settings to be altered directly. Integrated handwriting recognition also allows quick address inputs.
Every detail has been reduced to the essentials. Like the Porsche 918 Spyder, the Taycan has a compact direction selector switch in the instrument panel instead of the classic selector lever. This gives the centre console a tidy look and creates storage space. A reduction to the essentials and a clear approach are also evident for the air vents. They have been fully modernised and can be operated intuitively. Traditional, mechanically operated louvres belong in the past, as airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically (Virtual Airflow Control). By clicking the Climate menu, it is possible to switch between “Focused” for fast, directional cooling and “Diffused” for draught-free air conditioning. If the optional four-zone automatic climate control system (Advanced Climate Control) has been ordered, an additional 5.9-inch touch control panel with haptic feedback allows the system to be operated from the rear seats.
A wide range of customisation options and innovative material concepts
The Taycan’s colour and material design allows for individualised equipment, from traditional through to sustainable and modern. There is also the option of classic leather as well as the sustainably tanned Club Leather OLEA, which uses olive leaves in the tanning process. The natural quality of the leather is accentuated by a special cloud print. A new feature is the fully leather-free interior with state-of-the-art surface textures Race-Tex material is used. A high-quality microfibre material partially consisting of recycled polyester fibres. Its production has 80 per cent less CO2 than traditional materials. The floor covering uses the recycled fibre Econyl®, which is made in an innovative production process from items including recycled fishing nets.
The Taycan is available with a wide range of interior and exterior configurations, in both traditional and modern styles. Interior accents and trims underline the attention to detail, while meeting the highest quality standards typical of Porsche in terms of material characteristics and workmanship. Interior colours Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige and Meranti Brown are exclusively available for the Taycan. The optional interior accent package also gives customers a choice of special contrasting colour schemes Customers can choose from Black Matt, Dark Silver or Neodyme, an elegant champagne tone. The doors and centre consoles have trim made of wood, matt carbon, embossed aluminium or fabric.
In addition to the host of innovations, there is another detail that no Porsche should be without. As with the ignition lock on conventional Porsche models, the power button is located on the left behind the steering wheel.
Porsche Taycan Brochure
- From the outside, it is a mere formality to quickly identify a Porsche as such. And in the interior, you can also sense distinctive Porsche genes in the new Taycan. The basic features of the interior architecture are sporty, minimalist and clear; the wing extending from the centre console immediately catches your eye and appears to be floating. The innovative cockpit displays are clearly driver-oriented, allowing you to keep an eye on the most important information, even during dynamic driving.
- The seat position in the Taycan is derived from the 911. Optionally available in 141) and 18 way2) con - figurations, for maximum adjustability and comfort. Recesses in the design of the battery integrated into the underbody also ensure an adequate level of comfort for rear passengers.
- Behind the wheel, you feel that the Taycan has been tailor-made for you. While your front and rear passengers enjoy an equally comfortable, sporty ride on lightweight seats with solid lateral support. On request, your Taycan can also be fitted with a 4+1 seating configuration.
- As well as the 81-litre luggage compartment at the front for smaller items, the rear boot also provides 366 litres3) of storage space that can be flexibly expanded, thanks to the individually folding rear seat backrests. In other words: the Taycan is, of course, a sophisticated electric sports car. And yet, like all its predecessors, totally suitable for everyday use.
- Driving a Porsche is always an emotional experience. To make this feeling even more personal, you can lend your car your own individual touch when it leaves the factory, using a selection of materials. In the interior, you can choose between smooth-finish leather, naturally treated Olea club leather and a sustainable, leather-free interior in various colours. We also offer aluminium, carbon or dark paldao open-pored wood interiors. Accent packages enable selected interior details to be personalised, thereby giving your vehicle an individual signature. The carpet and other interior elements are made of sustainable Econyl yarn. This is recycled fibre that is manufactured from used fishing nets, among other things.
- On request, the Taycan also comes with ambient lighting that illuminates the interior. You can, of course, adjust the colour and brightness to your taste.
- If the standard multifunction sports steering wheel is not sporty enough, you can maximise the motor - sport feel with the optional multifunction GT sports steering wheel1): it features a mode switch, as well as a top centre marking.
- The innovative Advanced Climate Control air conditioning (dual or four-zone) may not be visible, but is certainly noticeable – the logical evolution of traditional automatic climate control systems. Slat-free air outlets are electrically controlled via Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Online Navigation, enabling precise airflow and distribution.
- The optionally available sound systems in the Porsche Taycan are further evidence of the fact that the power of electrical energy can evoke emotions: the BOSE® Surround Sound System2) with a total output of 710 watts provides entertainment in the interior. While the Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System Morgen with 1,455 watts and 21 loudspeakers including an active subwoofer ensures exquisite musical delight while driving.
- The Porsche feeling in every seat – for all your senses, as soon as you climb in.