Taycan Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
They all have some glitches, mostly electrical. After the initial run of known problems, and all the subsequent software upgrades, the car runs very well. Sure, they error messages still happen and require the car to be "rebooted", but it's my daily driver and I really don't bother driving any of the other cars anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
I had an initial problem with Sirius XM loading but that was corrected. I do get an occasional error message but I simply hit the back button and they disappear. My 4S is my daily driver and I really enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After the recent software updates mine is running flawlessly. I have not had any issues in several weeks. Last week I went on my first road trip, down I-44/Old U.S. Hwy 66 through the Missouri Ozarks, from StL to Springfield, MO. The trip computer said 203 miles, with only one fast charging station, and that one was 154 miles out. As we approached the town with the Electrify America charger the car said go for it, we could make it and have 7% charge upon arriving, but would have to go to eco mode on the AC and cut my speed to 70mph. I decided to stop instead and was able to go from 23% to 85% in a half hour. On the way back the next day I had to start out with only an 80% charge having charged at the Springfield Porsche dealer, but planned on going 147 miles to another Electrify America fast charging station, knowing the trip back was hilly and winding. Made it without any issues - from this trip I can say the range the Taycan is rated at is understated, particularly if you are in range mode and conserve power. The Taycan is awesome to drive and owning one has been an unbelievable experience!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
After the recent software updates mine is running flawlessly. I have not had any issues in several weeks. Last week I went on my first road trip, down I-44/Old U.S. Hwy 66 through the Missouri Ozarks, from StL to Springfield, MO. The trip computer said 203 miles, with only one fast charging station, and that one was 154 miles out. As we approached the town with the Electrify America charger the car said go for it, we could make it and have 7% charge upon arriving, but would have to go to eco mode on the AC and cut my speed to 70mph. I decided to stop instead and was able to go from 23% to 85% in a half hour. On the way back the next day I had to start out with only an 80% charge having charged at the Springfield Porsche dealer, but planned on going 147 miles to another Electrify America fast charging station, knowing the trip back was hilly and winding. Made it without any issues - from this trip I can say the range the Taycan is rated at is understated, particularly if you are in range mode and conserve power. The Taycan is awesome to drive and owning one has been an unbelievable experience!
Thanks for sharing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts