Taycan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Taycan around 3 PM Yesterday,Within two hours while driving the hazard lights and panic alarm kept going off intermittently. Last evening and this morning warning lights came on saying that my rate turn signals at all and blinkers were not working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would be back at the dealer the next day! Sorry you are having issues, i’m sure they’ll make good. There has to be at least one defect. Let us know what the outcome is.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Definitely take your Taycan back to the dealer and have them check it out.

Reactions: Dr Jerry

·
Registered
478 Posts
Picked up my Taycan around 3 PM Yesterday,Within two hours while driving the hazard lights and panic alarm kept going off intermittently. Last evening and this morning warning lights came on saying that my rate turn signals at all and blinkers were not working.
Welcome to the forum @Dr Jerry

Have you reached out to your dealer about getting those issues looked at?
Is this your first electric car or have you owned others?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Let us know how you make out at the dealer. BTW welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Dr Jerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought the car back Saturday morning less than 24 hours after I bought it. They wanted to give me a loaner but I said I don’t think I would be back. It was very unnerving to have the panic buzzer and hazard lights go off 5 times while driving. Then a warning light saying my front passenger bulb was out when it wasn’t. I had a 2004 Cheyanne (1st year) with constant electrical problems Can’t live through that again.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
This is my first electric car. Are they usually reliable?
I've owned my 4S for three months and have no significant issues. The only one I have is the electric steering wheel will not raise when I exit the car. Not a bother to me at all. Love everything about my 4S.

Reactions: ICU and Dr Jerry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the world of Porsche EV. Soon it all will be a dead paperweight.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Mine's not. Guess I got lucky.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the world of Porsche EV. Soon it all will be a dead paperweight.
My Taycan has been flawless since I bought it in March. It could never become a paperweight or brick simply because selling individual parts from it would net you around three to four times what you initially paid for it.;)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I feel the majority of Taycan's built are performing without issues and the percentage that are having issue is small in comparison to the number built.

·
Registered
57 Posts
PG, That's why Forums are the only place unhappy owners can express their frustrations that owners can relate to, and sympathize with each other. And I would too, except I have none. I do feel for those experiencing these few anomalies and honestly wish them the best. Bitchin' at the dealer/service dept. results in hyperventilation and unnecessary elevated blood pressure. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I totally agree with you and feel for those Taycan owner who are experiencing issues. Hopefully, they will be corrected sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dr Jerry, when did you order? A bunch of us are waiting on chips etc with cars sitting at ports. Just curious.
Hi, I am curious to know for how long your Taycan has been sitting at the port? Are you also waiting for parts? Mine is in route to Baltimore port as I text. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts