Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - My Taycan order will soon get into production. One option that has puzzled me is the 150kW 400V DC charger. Question is if I should get that option? I am in the US and the post below suggests I may not need that option. The dealer "experts" also suggest I won't need it. I am new to the EV market, so any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Hi folks - My Taycan order will soon get into production. One option that has puzzled me is the 150kW 400V DC charger. Question is if I should get that option? I am in the US and the post below suggests I may not need that option. The dealer "experts" also suggest I won't need it. I am new to the EV market, so any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

currently the option is superfluous because there are no chargers in the US that support that level of charging, however if you care to future proof the car it isn't expensive.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
I really don't think that option is necessary.

·
Registered
163 Posts
currently the option is superfluous because there are no chargers in the US that support that level of charging, however if you care to future proof the car it isn't expensive.
This was my thinking, so I did order it. I have read that it is more common in Canada and that a Canadian energy company expanding into OK has installed a few there.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Not sure when of if that's going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
I’ll believe it when I see it.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
If it's $300 option you should get it. If it's a $3,000 option, maybe not.

Best to future proof the car if you intend to keep it for any decent period of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts