Taycan Forum banner

Who Participated in the Taycan Deposit Program?

15K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Smitty11 
#1 · (Edited)
Taycan deposits have been going through for quite a few months already and I wanted to consolidate everyone's experience here. From what I realized it varies by location, for example not everyone is required to put $5,000 down, in some cases I have seen mentions of $2,500. Along with that, make sure to include the following and any other details useful to the overall Taycan community. Ultimately this will help us set out expectations and not be left out in the dark, something i've experienced in the past when pre-ordering:

• date you sent a deposit and the amount
  • position in line
  • dealership your with
  • order status
  • expected delivery date
  • picture of your Certificate of Participation in the Taycan Deposit Option Program (optional)
  • likes/dislikes of the process
  • etc.

P.S. The Taycan Deposit Option Program can be accessed here for anyone that hasn't participated yet.

note: not my certificate

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't mean to rag on this forum but with 20,000 deposits as of early March 2019, I was expecting to see more responses.
Surely many of them have questions and experiences to share that can vary from one owner to the, which can be value to the entire group here.

#10 ·
Once I saw the Mission E, I decided I wanted it. I gave my dealer a deposit in June 2015. I am no 1 on his list. I expect to get my car in early 2020. We had hoped to get the car early this year I when I placed the deposit. I received a certificate in May.
My dealer knows as much as any of us.

#12 ·
Finally Taycan's are making themselves known in public, as we can see with a shot of this test mule.
I'm disappointed that Porsche has provided little else to go off of, but the fact pre-orders are going through in large numbers proves the crazy interest in these, and strength of Porsche's branding

#17 ·
Top of the list in my dlr. market.
Followed the program from early 2015.
Deposit was in long before Porsche had any 'Taycan Deposit Program'.

Will probably give up my slot........would have easily paid $140K for the Mission E.....would not pay $80K for what it appears that the Taycan will be.
Very disappointing.

#19 ·
I put a $2500 deposit down in January 2019, and received a document similar to the one posted last week. I was told by the salesmen that I am 85th on the list at the dealership. Since each dealer is only allocated a certain number, I am wondering if I will be able to get a 2020 model!!

I am sort of disappointed by many of the spy photos, as the original design has been changed more and more, now very closely resembling the very conservatively designed Panamera. Of course maybe the panels are still disguised. I was hoping for a sports sedan that also looks like a sports sedan, not one that looks like a luxury sedan. But the latest spy photo published on this website with the Mission E lights definitely a positive, so I may follow through on the purchase

#30 ·
I gave a deposit June 28th, 2018. I was told that we would be "configuring" the cars about January or February of 2019 and that delivery would be end of '19 or very early 2020. It is possible that these cars may still actually be out by January of 2020 but even the dealer questions that as we won't even be able to configure cars until after September at the earliest. As you all know we have now been told that the car will allegedly be revealed in September. I received the "limited edition" book yesterday and naturally it doesn't even show a real rendering of the actual production car. More pictures of the Mission E, a lot of pics of the rest of the range, a sketch and a lot of glowing words, blah, blah, blah. After seeing the spy shots of the car it frankly looks a lot more like a slightly smaller Panamera than the original Mission E. I'd say the whole drawn out saga of the new car has been long and disappointing.

#32 ·
The book is a bit disappointing, but you have to figure it was probably made months ago. Just something to let you know Porsche hasn't forgotten about you.

Apparently when Acura launched the NSX they forgot to communicate delays to deposit-holders and then when the car actually became available, many folks had forgotten they even put a deposit or had bought something else when they got tired of waiting. Brutal!

I'm confident they'll reveal it in September. I'm sure they've been planning their Frankfurt Motor Show reveal for many months already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.